I am using tomcat   6.0.35 in production. I am running my web application
on this , It    uses spring, wicket, hibernate and lot of other
technologies, problem is after one month of running my application I get out
of memory error perm gen space could not serialize mybject... .
I am using wicket framework which    serializes lot of stuff in memory I
think it is serializing lot of stuff and not enough memory is available to
serialize .

After restart the server is good for approx one month.

How can I detect in advance that  my app is using up all available memory ?
I am not a server administrator or system admin,  I am just a developer and
right now managing my production servers.
This out of memory perm gen  space   error  could this be because of some
memory leak ?

can I run gc once in week on running tomcat   should we do this for  server
good health  ,  earlier our deployment team used to deploy this and we never
had out f memory issue.
is there any maintenance necessary for production servers if so what are
those ?