> > http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/apache.html
>
> In the section that says it is specific to Tomcat 5.5.x only?
>
> That doc could do with a refresh but the odds of something that is
> specific to 5.5.x working on Tomcat 7 are slim to say the least.
>
> auto-configure doesn't exist in Tomcat 7.

There are many common features between Tomcat 5, 6, and 7.  How are we supposed
to know
which ones are deprecated, unless the documentation is updated?  The text says
"this example is
specific to Tomcat 5.x", not "this capability is not available after Tomcat
5.x".

(I note in passing that this page also still has references to Tomcat 3.x!)