Running TC 7.0.22 32-bit on windows server 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit).

I'm trying to start tomcat7w from a .cmd file to monitor the TC services, and can't seem to find the correct way of formatting the cmd-line parameters.

When I just copy the command line from the start menu shortcut, it tells me I have a bad parameter. For example:

start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\bin\tomcat7w.exe" //MS//Small-55009

tells me "Invalid switch - "/".

Removing one of the leading slashes returns 'Invalid switch "/MS"'
I have tried it without the "start", and have tried removing one of the leading slashes. I couldn't find anything in the TC online docs either.

What am I missing here?