On 3/18/2013 11:08 AM, André Warnier wrote:
David kerber wrote:
Running TC 7.0.22 32-bit on windows server 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit).

I'm trying to start tomcat7w from a .cmd file to monitor the TC
services, and can't seem to find the correct way of formatting the
cmd-line parameters.

When I just copy the command line from the start menu shortcut, it
tells me I have a bad parameter. For example:

start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
7.0\bin\tomcat7w.exe" //MS//Small-55009

tells me "Invalid switch - "/".

Removing one of the leading slashes returns 'Invalid switch "/MS"'
I have tried it without the "start", and have tried removing one of
the leading slashes. I couldn't find anything in the TC online docs
either.

What am I missing here?

Did you try :

start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
7.0\bin\tomcat7w.exe //MS//Small-55009"

Yes.  That doesn't throw an error, but doesn't start the monitor either.

You might also try searching Google for "windows cmd quoting rules"

And are you sure that it is tomcat7w.exe that must be started, not
tomcat7.exe ?

Yes, it's the service monitor I'm trying to start, not the tomcat server.