We are working with multiple languages and Korean being one
of them, in our application we have set up encoding both at tomcat level
 and also spring filter for encoding, but for some reason when we do a
request.getParameter in our Struts2 action class we receive only ??.

Tomcat Encoding

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
           connectionTimeout="20000" maxThreads="150"
           redirectPort="8443" URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>

Spring Filter

<filter>
    <filter-name>encodingFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
       <param-name>encoding</param-name>
       <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
       <param-name>forceEncoding</param-name>
       <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>
</filter>

EDIT

So a message which are sent as "안녕하세요 kkk" is received as "????? kkk"

What could I be missing?

Regards,

Ayush