2013/3/26 Cool Techi <cooltec...@outlook.com>:

>         We are working with multiple languages and Korean being one
> of them, in our application we have set up encoding both at tomcat level
>  and also spring filter for encoding, but for some reason when we do a
> request.getParameter in our Struts2 action class we receive only ??.
>
> Tomcat Encoding
>
> <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>            connectionTimeout="20000" maxThreads="150"
>            redirectPort="8443" URIEncoding="UTF-8"/>
>

> Spring Filter
>
> <filter>
>     <filter-name>encodingFilter</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter</filter-class>
>     <init-param>
>        <param-name>encoding</param-name>
>        <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>     <init-param>
>        <param-name>forceEncoding</param-name>
>        <param-value>true</param-value>
>     </init-param>
> </filter>
>

> EDIT
>
> So a message which are sent as "안녕하세요 kkk" is received as "????? kkk"
>
> What could I be missing?

1. What is your <filter-mapping> and in what place in filters chain
does you filter stand. (Order matters here. If anything calls
getParameter() before you filter, parameter decoding happens and you
are busted).

2. What kind of request fails, POST or GET or both?

3. Have you read the character encodings page of Tomcat FAQ?