2013/4/8 James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>:
> I have a need to distribute an application that works inside Tomcat to a
> number of customers.
>
> I can build an Inno Setup script to most of the work, but rather than
> re-inventing what looks like quite a complex wheel, has anyone build an
> installer script for Tomcat already that they could share?
>
> In our case we're bundling our own JRE which needs setting when installing
> the service...

Tomcat installer is built using NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System)
.
The script is res/tomcat.nsi

BTW,
 if you are using a custom value for HTTP port,  do not forget to also
change the shutdown port number (8005).  I have seen a number of
software that forgets to change that.  You can set it to "-1" when
external shutdown is not needed,  e.g. when you run as a service.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko