2013/4/10 James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>:
> On 10 April 2013 11:55, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2013/4/10 James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>:
>> > I was hoping I could avoid that.
>> >
>> >(...)
>> >
>> > While this installs a service, as soon as I attempt to start it I get a
>> > failure. Nothing is logged by Tomcat, but in the event service I get the
>> > following recorded:
>> >
>> > The Apache Tomcat 7 service terminated with service-specific error
>> > Incorrect function..
>>

>> 1. Top-posting is bad.
>>
>> 2. Tomcat version = ?
>>

> 7.0.39
>

>> 3. Some versions of commons-daemon are broken. Try the latest one.
>>

> Am trying. I can locate all files apart from commons-daemon-native.tar.gz -
> where does this originate from?

You need

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/download_daemon.cgi
-> browse download area -> binaries -> windows

C:\Program Files\Our Local Services\tomcat\bin\tomcat7.
exe //IS//Tomcat7
--DisplayName="Apache Tomcat 7" --JavaHome="C:\Program Files\Our Local
Services\tomcat\..\java-7-32bit\" --Install="C:\Program Files\Our Local
Services\tomcat\bin\tomcat7.exe" --Jvm="C:\Program Files\Our Local
Services\tomcat\..\java-7-32bit\bin\client\jvm.dll" --StartMode=jvm
--StopMode=jvm --StartClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
--StartParams=start --StopClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
--StopParams=stop

That command is not enough. There is no classpath, there is no logging
configuration (neither for the service itself nor for
java.util.logging). There is no configuration for Tomcat itself
(catalina.home, catalina.base).

Is path to Jvm a correct one? I think that is OK, but it could be
simplified a bit.