Hi folks,

I recently enabled a QueryTimeoutInterceptor with queryTimeout of 60 seconds in
a JDBC Pool data source (7.0.37). When the app was shut down, Tomcat said: "The
web application [/...] appears to have started a thread named
[OracleTimeoutPollingThread] but has failed to stop it..."

We are using Oracle 11.2g with 11.2.0.3 JDBC drivers. I have figured out that
this thread is spawned by the driver itself. According to this Stackoverflow
answer [1] this is a long-living thread, same says the JDBC FAQ [2] of Oracle.

The thread seems to work like Pool's PoolCleaner thread. A few month a ago I
reported the same issue with the PoolCleaner thread and Filip fixed the class
loader orders.

Can this be a false-positive by the memory leak detector since this thread
lives only once in the entire VM?

Thanks,

Michael

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/3387312/696632