> Von: "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org>
> On 07/05/2013 09:16, Michael-O wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I recently enabled a QueryTimeoutInterceptor with queryTimeout of 60
> > seconds in a JDBC Pool data source (7.0.37). When the app was shut down,
> > Tomcat said: "The web application [/...] appears to have started a thread
> > named [OracleTimeoutPollingThread] but has failed to stop it..."
> >
> > We are using Oracle 11.2g with 11.2.0.3 JDBC drivers. I have figured out
> > that this thread is spawned by the driver itself. According to this
> > Stackoverflow answer [1] this is a long-living thread, same says the JDBC
> > FAQ [2] of Oracle.
> >
> > The thread seems to work like Pool's PoolCleaner thread. A few month a ago
> > I reported the same issue with the PoolCleaner thread and Filip fixed the
> > class loader orders.
> >
> > Can this be a false-positive by the memory leak detector since this thread
> > lives only once in the entire VM?
>
> No. It is a memory leak and either or bug in your application or in the
> JDBC driver.
>
> Where is the Oracle JDBC driver? CATALINA_[BASE|HOME]/lib or WEB-INF/lib

The driver is in the $CATALINA_HOME/lib only where $CATALINA_BASE !=
$CATALINA_HOME. This was done for a single webapp for testing purposes.

Does this make a difference? How do you know that this is not a false-positive?
If you really know for sure, I can open a service request with Oracle Support.

Michael