André,

On 15.5.2013 23:56, André Warnier wrote:
Anyway, to get back to the OP's original issue, and considering the
documentation only, I do understand a bit of confusion as to what is
really being logged in the Access Log.

Yes, I see. You are right, the documentation or the behavioir of parameter %p for AccessLogVavle is incorrect.

If servlet API uses wording "server port" for the port of the originating request, and "local port" for the port of the iterface where the request was received, so should AccessLogValve documentation.

Threrefore, parameter %p should either indicate that it logs "server port of the originating request", or the behavior of that parameter in AccessLogValve should be changed to really log local port. Right now, parameter %p logs server port -- I just verified that mimicing OP configuration.

-Ognjen