Hello.

To Chris: Thank you very much for your comments.

Is there anyone who knows why Tomcat 7.0.25 (commons-daemon-1.0.8-native-src)
started to use jni_md.h which is not part of IBM Java? I didn't encounter any
problem with compilation of Tomcat Unix daemon (jsvc) until version Tomcat
7.0.23 (commons-daemon-1.0.7-native-src). Is it bug or intention? Thank you
very much for your help.

Best regards,

J. Fikker.

As for the configure script, it seems like it is a bug to look for
jni_md.h, as it's not an official part of JNI.

configure seems to go through great pains to determine the value of
JAVA_OS (which is the platform-specific subdirectory for header files)
and then completely ignores the value of JAVA_OS. Honestly, I think it
should probably be removed, but I'd like to hear a comment from
someone more well-versed in jsvc.

If you are having a problem with actually running jscv, please start a
new thread with a new subject for a separate question.

Hello everybody.

 I encountered a problem with compilation of Unix daemon (jsvc) against IBM
Java from Tomcat 7.0.40. I used these commands:

 cd /opt/tomcat/bin
 tar xvfz commons-daemon-native.tar.gz
 cd commons-daemon-1.0.x-native-src/unix
 /configure

 and I got this output:
 *** Current host ***
 checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
 checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
 checking cached host system type... ok
 *** C-Language compilation tools ***
 checking for gcc... gcc
 checking for suffix of executables...
 checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
 checking for ranlib... ranlib
 checking for strip... strip
 *** Host support ***
 checking C flags dependant on host system type... ok
 *** Java compilation tools ***
 checking for JDK os include directory... Cannot find jni_md.h in
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-ibm.x86_64/
 configure: error: You should retry --with-os-type=SUBDIR

 I found information that the reason is: IBM java uses
$JAVA_HOME/include/jniport.h instead of $JAVA_HOME/include/jni_md.h in Oracle
java. When I created a link jni_md.h to jniport.h I can successfully compile
jsvc but when I try to start Tomcat server I have a problem with class loading
(Java class not found).

 Is there some fix or recommendation for compilation Tomcat Unix daemon with
IBM Java? Thank you very much for your help.