Hello everybody.

 I encountered a problem with compilation of Unix daemon (jsvc) against IBM
Java from Tomcat 7.0.40. I used these commands:

 cd /opt/tomcat/bin
 tar xvfz commons-daemon-native.tar.gz
 cd commons-daemon-1.0.x-native-src/unix
 /configure

 and I got this output:
 *** Current host ***
 checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
 checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
 checking cached host system type... ok
 *** C-Language compilation tools ***
 checking for gcc... gcc
 checking for suffix of executables...
 checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
 checking for ranlib... ranlib
 checking for strip... strip
 *** Host support ***
 checking C flags dependant on host system type... ok
 *** Java compilation tools ***
 checking for JDK os include directory... Cannot find jni_md.h in
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-ibm.x86_64/
 configure: error: You should retry --with-os-type=SUBDIR

 I found information that the reason is: IBM java uses
$JAVA_HOME/include/jniport.h instead of $JAVA_HOME/include/jni_md.h in Oracle
java. When I created a link jni_md.h to jniport.h I can successfully compile
jsvc but when I try to start Tomcat server I have a problem with class loading
(Java class not found).

 Is there some fix or recommendation for compilation Tomcat Unix daemon with
IBM Java? Thank you very much for your help.

 Best regards,

 J. Fikker.