On 11/7/2013 12:46 PM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
Hi,

I am getting ready to deploy the Second Instance of Tomcat on the same server
using different IP addresses.

\Tomcat\Instance1 (IP Address: xx.xx.xx.x1)
\Tomcat\Instance2 (IP Address: xx.xx.xx.x2)

I have a few question, see below:

1)     For the Tomcat server ports, I will be using the Connector Port and Redirect port to bind it
to a specific IP address by using "address="xx.xx.xx.xx"". Is there a way to
use the same Shutdown Port and AJP Port to bind it to a different IP address? Or do I have to
change the Shutdown and AJP port number.

The combination of IPAddr:port needs to be unique, so you can use the same port numbers if they're on different IP addresses, or the same IP addresses if the instances are listening on different ports.

Can't help you with the keystore stuff.

2)     Keystore:

a.       I am going to be using https, can I use the same .keystore to import
the certificate?

b.       If I move the .keystore to another location outside of Tomcat home,
will Tomcat be able to see the .keystore if I specify the path within the
server.xml file for .keystore path?

c.       Should I create a new .keystore for the new instance?

d.       What is the best practice for this?

3)     Does anyone know a way to encrypt the clear-text passwords specified in
tom-user.xml for the Tomcat manager and server.xml file for .keystore?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.