On Nov 7, 2013, at 2:08 PM, Crystal Maramba <cmara...@acumenllc.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Dan. That helps a lot.

Please don't top post.  Reply inline or at the bottom.

> 2) a. I was referring to importing another certificate to the same .keystore
> that Instance1 is using.

A keystore file can contain multiple certificates.  You just need to specify
which certificate to use and that is done by specifying the "keyAlias"
attribute on your connector.

> 3) The tomcat-users.xml file is used to store the user and password for the
> tomcat manager which is used to deploy .war files.

Ignore what I previously wrote here.  You can store hashes of your password in
tomcat-users.xml.  To do this, you need to add the "digest" attribute on your
Realm.  For the default configuration that would look like this.

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm">
               resourceName="UserDatabase" digest="SHA-256" />
      </Realm>

See here for more details.

  https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/realm.html

Dan