I guess I thought it would get the path name from the name of the .war file.

I have more reading to do.. deploying demo##001.war on Tomcat 6.0.x doesn't
even deploy it.  Why not?  The use of ## in the war file name prevents Tomcat
6.0.x from deploying it?  I wasn't trying parallel deployment in Tomcat 6.0.x,
just seeing if the demo##001.war would deploy, and it doesn't.

I didn't see anything in the servlet spec that says how not to name .war files.

I did find this article that talks about web module names being all lowercase
ASCII characters.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/namingconventions-139351.html

So where in the Tomcat source code can I look at how this ## is being
implemented?