I tried with bindOnInit=false and bindOnInit=true, it makes no difference. I'm using tomcat 7.0.34, would this option be available in 7.0.34?

Thanks,
Adrian Tarau.

From: Adrian Tarau [mailto:mailingl...@adrian.tarau.org]
Subject: Getting 404 before the container starts all servlets
After upgrading Tomcat from 6.X to 7.X, our AJAX client receives 404 for
10-15 seconds right after startup. I presume the request is accepted and
processed before all servlet are initialized, which is not what you
would expect.
Is this behavior normal for 7.X? Is there a way to configure 7.x to
behave like 6.x?
Look at the bindOnInit attribute for <Connector> elements:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#Standard_Implementation

But be aware of the side effects as discussed in these threads:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=136386106909331&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=130549517506701&w=2

  - Chuck

attachments from all computers.