Hello,

I am creating a tomcat cluster following helps I found online. My question
is, do I have to use the Apache(mod_jk) for session replication? Is it
possible to use F5 load balancer directly bypassing the Apache? Primary
purpose of the cluster is fail over. Load balancing is not needed. I think
session replication is needed for a successful fail over. I am thinking
like, there would be a LB VIP that the client requests would be
communicating with. The sticky session would be enabled in the LB and there
is no need of apache web server in between. Is this the right way of
thinking?

I could not find the answer any where. Every example I found online starts
with an apache web server.
I appreciate your response.

Thank you.
RH