Leon Rosenberg wrote:
Hello Leo,

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Leo Donahue <donahu...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Leon Rosenberg <rosenberg.l...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hello,

I do use multiple connectors but one service.
Multiple connectors to separate user traffic from admin/management
traffic.
For example if due to overload no threads are available to server http
request on the 'main' connector, I still can look into the app, to see
what
is going on, over my "administrative" connector.

Leon
You are just changing the port number then in your "administrative"
connector, in the same Service element?

yes:

for example

    <Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
 connectionTimeout="20000"  />

    <Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool" port="8180" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
 connectionTimeout="20000"  />

I would then point the front loadbalancer to 8080 and keep 8180 accessible
from the administration network only.

With the above configuration, both these Connectors share the same pool of
threads.
If the Connector on port 8080 exhausts the available threads, you will not be able to connect using the Connector on port 8180 (ok, you will be able to connect, but not to do anything). For even more resilience, I would give that port 8180 Connector its own pool of (e.g.) 3 threads, not shared with the Executor.