My Tomcat 8 is hosted on an Amazon EC2 large instance (8GB of ram), with a
64-bit Oracle Java 7u51 JVM. The 2GB PermGen is is an oversized value to
guarantee I wont run out of memory in case I need do redeploy my
applications several times in the same day, but the maximum I ever used was
about 512MB.

I admit I don't understand 100% of the script. Actually I prefer the set
the less configuration parameters possible. Some months ago my Tomcat 7 was
"locking" (process using 100% of CPU and not responding). I found this
script when I was looking for a solution for this, and as it was well
documented I decided to use it. I don't remember facing this "locking"
issue since them.

My Tomcat 7 was running fine with this script, but last friday morning I
started Tomcat 8 setting only this:
*-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m
-Dorg.apache.el.parser.COERCE_TO_ZERO=false*
and the applications crashed too.

So I'd say that the problem is not my JVM config, but I'm interested on
improving it. What arguments do you recommend to tune GC?

Last friday afternoon I created a new Amazon EC2 instance with Tomcat 7 to
check, and the problem is still there, so It was a damn coincidence that
this problem started after I migrate to Tomcat 8. As I had a connection
pool leak with Tomcat 8 it contributed for me to think that it could be
something wrong with it.

I still didn't solved it, I'll continue it here:
http://forum.primefaces.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36823

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks