Felipe,

On 3/13/14, 10:57 AM, Felipe Jaekel wrote:
> There are lots of this in catalina log: *12-Mar-2014 08:41:43.828
> WARNING [http-nio-80-exec-28]
> com.sun.faces.application.resource.ResourceHandlerImpl.logMissingResource

JSF1064: Unable to find or serve resource, primefaces.js, from library,
> primefaces.* *12-Mar-2014 08:41:43.829 WARNING
> [http-nio-80-exec-28]
> com.sun.faces.application.resource.ResourceHandlerImpl.logMissingResource
> * * org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException:
> java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer*
>
> But these always appeared in my logs, I guess it happens when the
> client cancel the page load.
>

> I did found something strange in the access log. Applications
> crashed around 2:20PM. I checked for primefaces.js at this time in
> the access log and its all 200 status, but I noticed some very
> small response sizes in some requests, which explains the
> JavaScripts errors on Chrome console.
>
> Here are the log files and some print-screens:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66737052/logs-12-03-2014.tar.bz2
>

> Nothing changed in the system. I started to use Tomcat 8.0.3 in
> production on February 28th and the server is restarted daily to
> recycle PermGen space.

I'm curious about this: what eats-up your PermGen space?

> I'm using Mojarra 2.2.5.
>
> This issue started to manifest at 10AM after a parallel deploy. At
> first only the icons disappeared from the new deployed version, but
> it was functional. Although new and old deployed versions had
> PrimeFaces 4.0.9, I started to think that might be something wrong
> with it, so I deployed a new version using 4.0.10. Problem was
> solved for some hours, but when it returned the status was what I
> mentioned above. Tried to parallel deploy with 4.0.8 but no
> success. After I restarted problem was solved, but in case it's
> relevant, there was only one version of each application running.

My guess is still OOME: immediately after a parallel-deployment (which
roughly doubles the non-session resident footprint of your web
application, which you already say has PermGen issues) things start
going wonky, and a JVM restart fixes things? My money is on an OOME.
Note that they don't always have stack-traces along with them, so they
are easy to miss when eyeballing log files.