On 30/04/14 23:39, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
OK so I just spent an age trying to push my project to a GitHub repositry but
I think i must just be too tired to use my brain correctly.
Eventally gave up and just pasted my servlet into a file there.
https://github.com/Leighbee13/RUNTHIS/tree/master
Let me know if this works!

An interesting servlet...

Yeah this is my first thing that I've made myself alone from start to finish so it's not good.

The problem is that the names of your temporary files are constant ones.

So if several requests are coming at the same time. several users'
data will be written into the same file.

I am just writing this for a dissertation project so it's just handling 1 request right now, from me, in netbeans. So this error shouldn't be to do with multiple requests, right?

I did a test and used a random number generator to generate file names instead of a count and it gives me null pointer errors when trying to concatenate now.

When it was overwriting, if it couldn't find the file it needed it would just use the previously successfully uploaded file instead of nullpointer-ing. But why isn't the file correctly uploaded by the time the concatenate method try's to access it? What does "java.lang.IllegalStateException: The resources may not be accessed if they are not currently started?" mean?

If a user hasn't completed downloading her file, and another requests
comes in,  the "finished.wav" file will be overwritten with new data.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

I screwed up the formatting for this email since I was being forced to use outlook at uni, but now I'm on a linux machine with thunderbird so it shouldn't happen again. The original question had a better explanation and the errors that I was getting.

It seemingly randomly works correctly (i.e. outputting the correctly
manipulated audio file) but sometimes, the file from a previous
run of the program is output instead, and I get one of these errors:

SEVERE [http-nio-8084-exec-30] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferencesThreads The web application [/MyApp] is still processing a request that has yet to finish. This is very likely to create a memory leak. You can control the time allowed for requests to finish by using the unloadDelay attribute of the standard Context implementation.

(n.b. i did use unloadDelay and it made no difference.)

and to me seemingly random numbers of these errors:

"SEVERE [http-nio-8084-exec-87] org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process Error processing request java.lang.IllegalStateException: The resources may not be accessed if they are not currently started?"

These second errors are ungooglable. The only reference to them is on svn commits from tomcat devs.

The files always upload correctly to my filesystem, but something is
going wrong when I try to access them in order to concatenate them.

It sometimes produces the wrong output but with no errors, but the errors never occur when the expected output is created.

I hope that makes sense. I've added my jsp, javascript and css to my github repositry to see if that helps!

https://github.com/Leighbee13/RUNTHIS/tree/master

Thanks so much for taking a look,

Leigh