> Hi Konstantin,
>
> I am referring to this code in ContextConfig.java:
>
> // Step 9a. Make the merged web.xml available to other
>         if (context.getLogEffectiveWebXml()) {
>             log.info("web.xml:\n" + mergedWebXml);
>         }
>
>  // Step 10. Look for static resources packaged in JARs
>                    Set<WebXml> resourceJars = new LinkedHashSet<>();
>             if (orderedFragments != null) {
>                 for (WebXml fragment : orderedFragments) {
>                     resourceJars.add(fragment);
>                 }
>             }
>             for (WebXml fragment : fragments.values()) {
>                 if (!resourceJars.contains(fragment)) {
>                     resourceJars.add(fragment);
>                 }
>             }
>             processResourceJARs(resourceJars);
>

> Apparently, it is only after logging mergeXml that the fragments are
> considered; mergedWebXml thus has empty empty fragments at the time of
> logging - and is not populated afterwards I believe (or - maybe - partially
> populated without the full set of resourceJars) . It matches my experience.
>
> Do you think I should file a bug and log the merged Xml after resourceJars
> is indeed complete ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> loïc
>

> On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Setting logEffectiveWebXml=true in context.xml does not log the web
>> > fragments in the <absolute-ordering> clause of the output web.xml; it is
>> > not specified.
>> >
>> > Is it expected ? Should I file a bug ?
>> >
>> > I think it is a convenient feature to debug in which order the web
>> > fragments are loaded.
>>
>> It logs web.xml created from merging of all processed fragments and
>> annotations.
>>
>> If data from your fragment are not included in the resulting web.xml,
>> it means that you fragment is not effective (ignored, misconfigured
>> etc.)
>>

>> If you need more specific help, you need to provide enough information
>> for someone else to reproduce your issue.
>>
>> Check what version of specification your files are declaring.
>> Cross-check your expectations with the Servlet specification text.

1. Rules of this mailing list: do not top-post.
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users

2. See
            // Step 6. Merge web-fragment.xml files into the main web.xml
            // file.
            if (ok) {
                ok = webXml.merge(orderedFragments);
            }

That Step 10 that you cited is about static resources
(META-INF/resources/ files) and nothing else.