> 2. See
>             // Step 6. Merge web-fragment.xml files into the main web.xml
>             // file.
>             if (ok) {
>                 ok = webXml.merge(orderedFragments);
>             }
>
> That Step 10 that you cited is about static resources
> (META-INF/resources/ files) and nothing else.

ok, issue might be somewhere else then. I am pretty positive I have no
absolute-ordering clause in the logged effective xml, my web fragments are
not listed in this file but my webfragments are called - found by discovery
as there is no absolute ordering clause.

I'll try to reproduce the issue in a minimal example. In the meantime, let
me know if you have seen it work !

thanks,

loic