>I get Tomcat default home page, but images and CSS are not loaded:

All resources are not available and all links are broken. This happens
because you're proxyfying to /dspace but Tomcat "ROOT" webapp is
written for the "/" context

http://www.cs.ait.ac.th/dspace/docs/manager-howto.html then works correctly

Maybe, try renaming  the ROOT folder (tomcat/webapps/ROOT) to dspace,
and update your proxypass to

ProxyPass /dspace ajp://localhost:8809/dspace
ProxyPassReverse /dspace ajp://localhost:8809/dspace

If renaming the folder, the ROOT.war will recreate it.. maybe
necessary to rename it also.

regards

> Aurélien,
>
>> if Apache and Tomcat are running on the same machine, the tcpdump
>> won't capture the trafic because the proxy requests are using the
>> loopback interface and not the ethernet port.
>
> tcpdump -i lo0 ;)
>
>> Instead of using the "workers" properties and the mod-jk section, you
>> could try with the ProxyPass syntax (easier, faster for your need)
>>

>> LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
>> LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so
>>
>>     ProxyPass /         ajp://localhost:8009/
>>     ProxyPassReverse /  ajp://localhost:8009/
>
> That work, I get Tomcat default home page, but images and CSS are not
> loaded: see http://www.cs.ait.ac.th/dspace
>
> Thank you,
>
> Olivier
>

>> Then, try a ' netstat -an ' to see the ESTABLISHED, it should look
>> like this with at least one ESTABLISHED line
>>
>> tcp        0      0 :::8009                     :::*
>>      LISTEN
>> tcp        0      0 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:8009       ::ffff:127.0.0.1:39908
>>      ESTABLISHED
>>

>> regards

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am completely new to Tomcat and/or java, but I have been assigned the
>>> task to get it running.
>>>
>>> Right now, tomcat is running on port 8090 and I can access the pages in
>>> a satisfactory way.
>>>
>>> I am also running what I expect to be the ajp13 connector with:
>>>     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3"
>>>                enableLookups="false"
>>>                redirectPort="8443" />
>>> and I can see that the port 8009 is listening.
>>>
>>> Now I would like to have Tomcat behind my Apache (2.2.27) server.
>>>
>>> I setup a worker.properties file that is like:
>>>
>>> workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-8.0
>>> workers.java_home=/usr/local/openjdk7
>>> ps=/
>>> worker.list=localhost-worker
>>> worker.localhost-worker.port=8009
>>> worker.localhost-worker.host=localhost
>>> worker.localhost-worker.type=ajp13