Hi,

I am completely new to Tomcat and/or java, but I have been assigned the
task to get it running.

Right now, tomcat is running on port 8090 and I can access the pages in
a satisfactory way.

I am also running what I expect to be the ajp13 connector with:
    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3"
               enableLookups="false"
               redirectPort="8443" />
and I can see that the port 8009 is listening.

Now I would like to have Tomcat behind my Apache (2.2.27) server.

I setup a worker.properties file that is like:

workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-8.0
workers.java_home=/usr/local/openjdk7
ps=/
worker.list=localhost-worker
worker.localhost-worker.port=8009
worker.localhost-worker.host=localhost
worker.localhost-worker.type=ajp13
worker.localhost-worker.lbfactor=1

and in httpd.conf I have:

LoadModule jk_module          libexec/apache22/mod_jk.so
<IfModule mod_jk.c>
        JkWorkersFile /usr/local/etc/apache22/workers.properties
        JkLogFile  /var/log/jk.log
        JkShmFile  /var/run/httpd/mod_jk.shm
        JkLogLevel info
        JkRequestLogFormat     "%w %V %T"

        # Sample JkMounts.  Replace these with the paths you would
        # like to mount from your JSP server.
        #JkMount /*.jsp jsp-hostname
        #JkMount /servlet/* jsp-hostname
        #JkMount /examples/* jsp-hostname
</IfModule>

And the proper JkMount

I see that Apache is connecting to tomcat on port 8009, but I cannot get
much information from the tcpdump trace.

I have no idea where to look for log file (beside the
tomcat-home/logs/catalina.out that I don't understand

I have been looking at many how-to, but all of them are incomplete,
outdated, and refeer to tens of things that I don't understand either.

Is there an comprehensive how-to interface Apache to Tomcat? Something
with example I can simply copy to make it work?

I am using FreeBSD 9.2

Thanks in advance,

Olivier