Am 17.01.2015 um 01:51 schrieb Konstantin Kolinko:
Current working setup:

apache 2.2 using mod_jk to pass 443 requests to tomcat on 8443.

We are migrating from SLES 11 SP3 to SLEs 12. On SLES 11 we use alfresco 5.0.c which
includes tomact 7.x i believe. SLES 11 has apache 2.2.10. SLES 12 has apache 2.4 and
we use the same version of alfresco on SLES 12 (tomcat 7.x). So i installed SLES 12,
apache 2.4 and alfresco 5.0.c on a test server. I then followed the upgrading guide
for apache 2.2 to 2.4. I copied the existing working config files from the alfresco
tomact to the SLES 12 alfresco tomact. Restarted all apache/tomcat services and try
to go to https://share2.domain.tld.<https://share2.domain.tld./> Chrome reports
Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

When i look at the apache log for that request, i dont see where the request is
even making it to apache or tomcat.

Try to request a static file from DocumentRoot directory.

If you cannot, then your HTTPS is not configured correctly. Get that
working first.

Yeah, I overlooked that in my first response. As long as you don't see the request in the Apache access log, you'll not make progress.

Here is mod_jk:

# simple configuration for apache (for AJP connector, modul mod_jk.so)

<IfModule mod_jk.c>

     JkWorkersFile /opt/alfresco/tomcat/workers.properties
     JkLogFile /var/log/alfresco/mod_jk.log
     JkShmFile /var/log/alfresco/shm

     # Log level to be used by mod_jk
     JkLogLevel error

     # The following line prohibits users from directly accessing WEB-INF
     <Location "/share/WEB-INF/">
     #AllowOverride None
     Require all denied
     </Location>
     #<Location "/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/">
     #AllowOverride None
     #deny from all
     #</Location>

</IfModule>

Here is worker.properties:

worker.list=jk-status
worker.jk-status.type=status
worker.jk-status.read_only=true

worker.list=jk-manager
worker.list=worker1
worker.jk-manager.type=status

worker.list=balancer

So, what is the value for "worker.list"?
You set the same "worker.list" property 4 times, but with different values.

Konstantin: that's actually OK. Some of the properties are allowed multiple times. The values are cumulative. That aloows a modular layout of the config file.

In the docs under http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html it is explicitly mentioned if a property is allowed multiple times. Currently this is true e.g. for the worker.list property and the balance_workers property of an lb worker.

worker.balancer.type=lb
worker.balancer.max_reply_timeouts=10

worker.balancer.balance_workers=worker1
worker.worker1.reference=worker.template
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.activation=A
worker.template.type=ajp13
worker.template.socket_keepalive=true
worker.template.connection_pool_minsize=0
worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=600
worker.template.reply_timeout=300000
worker.template.recovery_options=3

Regards,

Rainer