Am 17.01.2015 um 04:05 schrieb Chris Arnold:
When i look at the apache log for that request, i dont see where the request is
even making it to apache or tomcat.

Try to request a static file from DocumentRoot directory.

If you cannot, then your HTTPS is not configured correctly. Get that
working first.

Yeah, I overlooked that in my first response. As long as you don't see
the request in the Apache access log, you'll not make progress.

I meant to answer that in my last answer: i can get to a site from HTTPD and i
can also get to the https://192.168.xx.3:8443 Tomcat SSL with no problems. I
just cant make it from HTTPD to Tomcat.

Note that mod_jk will not use your 8443 port on Tomcat. It will use the 8009 AJP port (and connector in server.xml).

If your mod_jk log doesn't contain any errors and if the needed JkMount directive is in place, increase the log level of mod_jk:

JkLogLevel debug

That will produce lots of info, but since your system is not already doing production, you can increase the log level, restart Apache and then try a single request that you expect to be forwarded from Apache to Tomcat. The log of that request (and of the startup) will help us to find the reason for your problems.

Regards,

Rainer