> From: Eric Robinson [mailto:eric.robin...@psmnv.com]
> Subject: RE: Java Heap Space / Thread Dump Numbers

> Would the heap dump provide more actionable intel as far as tuning my memory
> parameters?

It would provide information about what types of objects are consuming the heap
space.  From that, you may be able to adjust your webapp's settings to avoid
running into trouble (or modify the webapp, if it's abusing the heap).

If you monitor the heap usage on a regular basis (e.g., once an hour), you
might be able to see if the webapp is leaking memory.  Also, by comparing the
heap dumps with the current request load,  you might get an idea of just how
large you need to make the heap to satisfy your peak periods.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.