//
You can look for biggest objects in heap (using MAT, Leak Suspects report,
Dominators Tree report).
This way you can try to find what was the exact reason of OOM instead of just
thinking "eh, I need to give instances more memory".
MAT does things good. I've already found using MAT+JVVM the reasons why my
instances of two different apps die with OOM (and only one of that reasons was
3rd party library, others was "not well written code").
Now I'm looking to make optimisations and shrink memory for instances a lot.
That's my sucess story :)
//

Very good information. I much prefer finding the actual root causes of things
rather than just bumping the memory, but I'm not sure how much that would help
because the best I can do is report the issue to the vendor. Changing the code
is off the table for me. If we can zero in on a problem, we may be able to get
them to fix it.

--Eric