Hi,

Sorry about that.

'here' was just the Windows Services gui ... by highlighting the new
Service called "Apache Tomcat 7.0 Tomcat7" and clicking on "Start the
service".

The error is a popup window titles Services with the following content.

"Windows could not start the Apache Tomcat 7.0 Tomcat7 on Local Computer.
For more information, review the System Event Log.  If this is a
non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to
service-specific error code 1."

The Event Log had the following information :

Event 7024, Service Control Manager

"The Apache Tomcat 7.0 Tomcat7 service terminated with the following
service-specific error:
Incorrect function."

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Caldarale, Charles R <
chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: Troy Robinson [mailto:troy.robin...@sasktel.com]
> > Subject: Problem : Apache Tomcat 7.0 starts up fine using startup
> scripts;
> > error when starting as Windows Service
>
> > Windows Server 2012 Standard
> > Apache Tomcat 7.0.59
> > Java jre 7
>
> Thanks for specifying the above; many people forget.
>
> > I'm experiencing an issue ... where Apache Tomcat will start fine using :
> > %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\startup.bat
>
> Good so far.
>
> > But if use :
> > %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\service.bat install
> > The Service does now show up in the Windows Services gui .... but when I
> start it from here
>
> Where is "here"?
>
> > I get the following error :
>
> Most attachments are automatically stripped by the list server, so you'll
> need to paste text, not an image.
>
>  - Chuck

> received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
> its attachments from all computers.

Troy Robinson
Programmer Analyst
SaskTel
Phone  (306) 777-5491;  Mobile (306) 531-3810
Email:  troy.robin...@sasktel.com
"Right Solution, Right Time"

--
*NOTICE:  This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended
recipients.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that