> From: Troy Robinson [mailto:troy.robin...@sasktel.com]
> Subject: Re: Problem : Apache Tomcat 7.0 starts up fine using startup
> scripts;
> error when starting as Windows Service

> I had installed 32 bit Apache Tomcat 7.0.59 ... and 64-bit Java 7.

> It's interesting ... that Tomcat starts up fine, using the startup scripts
>... and the Application that I was installing Tomcat for ... also appears
> to be running fine.

Tomcat itself is pure Java (other than the optional APR connector), so it
doesn't care whether or not the JVM is 32- or 64-bit.  However, the mode of the
service launcher must match that of the installed JVM, since the launcher tries
to load the JVM .dll into its own process.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.