On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 18/05/2015 10:31, Stephen Dawkins wrote:
>
> Tomcat will call flushBuffer() internally.
>
> Tomcat does re-use Request/Response objects so if a reference is
> accidentally retained to one of them you can see this issue.
>
> Try using:
> org.apache.catalina.connector.RECYCLE_FACADES=true
>
> (not the best named attribute but true will cause a new facade to be
> created for every request/response).

I will test with that property set.

> Are those both Java threads from the same JVM?
Yes, they're both from the same JVM.

> Can you correlate seeing multiple threads with the error occurring?

Most of the time, a response is written by just one thread.
Occasionally the last 0\r\n\r\n is written by a different thread to
the one that writes the bulk of the response.

> Unlikely but possible to be a Tomcat issue with the information we have
> so far.
>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions as to where the issue could be?
>
> Are you using any Servlet 3.0 async features?

Yes, I have async enabled for the filter and the servlet that
processes the request, and the application will likely use a different
thread to response than processes the request.