From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 7 (7.0.54) java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file

Rahul,

On 7/21/15 11:02 PM, Rahul Kumar Singh wrote:
> Dear Christopher,
>> Any quotas on the filesystem?
> No.
>> Any idea which class it's having trouble loading?
>
> I have no idea on this but I have got the below exception:

====

2015-07-17 09:53:50,860 <ERROR> javax.servlet.ServletException:
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:343)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appli
cationFilterChain.java:303)

at
erChain.java:208)

Well,

it looks like you are having a problem loading a JSP-based class file. You
could write a script to try to load each JSP .class file to see which one is
broken. Something like this:

$ for class in $(find . -name "*.class") ; \
  do \
    echo $class \
    javap -classpath [classpath] $(sed -e 's/\.class//' ) \
  done

> For more reference there is some logs from Catalina.out after tomcat
> startup.
>
> Jul 17, 2015 11:58:33 AM
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache tldScanJar INFO: At least
> one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug
> logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned
> but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning
> can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

This is unrelated to your real problem.

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NEC or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NEC or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .