> Dear Christopher,
>
> The solution is fine, but first thing we need to identify the root cause.
> If it is the problem of "loading a JSP-based class file." Why it is happened
> in production environment?
> Any solid reason ?

Who knows?  It is your environment and your file.  It is up to you to
perform the diagnostics.

(Or hire some 3rd party and to provide them access to your system).

For starters, we do not know what file is broken.

Also you stacktrace does not show the "root cause". Where this class
java.lang.ClassFormatError that was wrapped by ServletException.  You
only provided 3 lines of stacktrace of ServletException.

It may be compiler's fault -- current version is 7.0.63 and it has a
newer version of compiler,
or you are hitting some size limit -- quotas, disk partition size, 2Gb
limit, etc.,
or you have broken file / faulty HDD --

Maybe not the class file for a JSP page is broken, but some other
class file on your system....

http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
Rules:
-> 6. no top-posting