On 1/13/2016 12:18 PM, McDermott, Becky wrote:
My problem has been solved.  In the tomcat7w.exe, I had to add the following to
the Java Options:

-Djava.library.path=\PROGRA~1\IBM\JazzTeamServer_601\server\tomcat\lib

I also had to remove:
-Xgc:preferredHeapBase=100000000

With the removal of -Xgc and the addition of the -Djava.library.path, the
service successfully started.

Nice work!

-Terence

-----Original Message-----
From: Terence M. Bandoian [mailto:tere...@tmbsw.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:46 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Problem starting Tomcat 7.0.59 as a Windows Service

On 1/12/2016 10:04 AM, McDermott, Becky wrote:
I used the Java options provided by IBM.  Since Tomcat will successfully start
using the startup batch files, I assume that these settings are fine.  I've
tried playing with the settings and cannot get it to work either.  I seems like
it's some sort of weird Windows thing.

I have successfully configured these services before with prior version of
IBM's CLM.  The difference in those previous versions was that Tomcat came
bundled with t heir product.  For this latest IBM version, Tomcat was not
bundled and they provided instructions for downloading it from Apache and
instructions for where to install it.

I have escalated the issue with IBM's support and since they are providing the JVM, it is
probably their issue but wanted to put it out to the larger community to see if anyone
has ever had this issue before.  A user on the user forums said that the memory error in
the Tomcat log file is a red herring and that it is giving that memory allocation error
because the JVM didn't actually start.  So, the issue seems more connected to the error
in the Windows Event viewer ("cannot open file").

Hi, Becky-

Have you tried the Tomcat Windows Service Installer available on the download
page (http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi)?  In my experience, it makes it
much easier to get Tomcat up and running as a Windows service.  In addition, a
configuration app is included which further simplifies the process.

With your current setup, I'd start by checking the Log On settings of the
service and the permissions of the Tomcat files and folders.

-Terence Bandoian