Rahul,

On 1/19/16 1:00 AM, Rahul Singh wrote:
>>> So... what makes you sure that the browser actually made the
>>> request? I'd like to see some kind of confirmation using a tool
>>> you didn't write. Perhaps something like Firebug,
>>> LiveHttpHeaders, Fiddler, or even Wireshark showing that the
>>> request was made, what headers it had, etc.
>
> OK, We have used HTTP Analayzer for file upload via Internet
> Explorer-8. Following are the scenario observed.

Support for MSIE 8 has been dropped worldwide unless you have an
expensive support contract.

> For lesser than 2gb file uploads : The request header shows the
> correct content-length value of the file. The uploads works fine
> further also.
>
> For more than 2gb file uploads: The file length is 2151533567
> bytes(which is roughly 2.15 Gb). The request is aborted in this
> case and the request header shows the content length as -214343325
> bytes (which is rougly 214 Mb).

The request-header as reported by what? The HTTP analyzer?

- -214343325 is not 214MiB. It's an invalid (negative) size. If you were
to take the absolute value of it and call it a size, it would be ~204MiB
.

> The upload process does not proceed further in this case.

Does the request make it to the Tomcat server?

HTTP defines the Content-Length as a series of one or more digits. No
negatives are allowed. If Tomcat is being spec-pedantic (and I hope it
is), it will treat a negative number as invalid and default to zero
(bytes).

https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html

> both cases request headers are attached in screenshot.

Non-text attachments are stripped from this list. There was no attachmen
t.

Jessica-Aileen has also replied stating that MSIE8 does not support
file uploads greater than 2GiB.

I think the case is closed, here.

Thanks,
- -chris