How to trade information with a specified URL calling java code in
tomcat/lib:

1: Servlet calls Decryptor.start (String whoIAm, int validator, int xOr)
2: Code calls Servlet http get with id=randomly generated int
3: Servlet returns validator in response to the http get call.  0 is not a
valid validator, it¹s what the Servlet returns if it doesn¹t have an
outstanding call to Decryptor.start
4: Having received the random number from the http get call, Servlet xors
it with xOr, and calls Decryptor.decrypt (String whoIAm, String password,
int xOred)
5: Code checks xOred against whoIAm.  If gets a match decrypts the
password and returns it from Decryptor.decrypt.

What I¹d rather have is a Tomcat provided Class with a static method that
returns the calling URL.  But so long as I can make the following two
calls from my code:

URL                                     theURL = new URL (urlString);
                        HttpURLConnection       uc = (HttpURLConnection)
theURL.openConnection ();

I think I¹m good.

Flaws?
--
Gregory Dougherty
Sr. Analyst/Programmer | Information Technology