There is a comment that says:

#stdout is set to be a ConsoleAppender

But I changed the "stdout" that was set as the parent to CFCC so I thought
then everything would go to the parent but I don't receive any of the logs.
My cfcc log is just about empty except for the startup details. So I went
ahead and changed the CATALINABASE/lib log4j.properties file name appender
CFCC to go to a file named tomcat instead so I could differentiate between
the application logs and the tomcat logs.

Now I get the startup messages in a log called tomcat (this is fine) and
not one message in my cfcc log. Even with my updated log4j.properties file
sitting in the WEB-INF/classes directory so I must have something
configured wrong that they are all still going to the standard
Stdout/Stderr.