On 08.03.2016 14:19, Edwin Quijada wrote:
Hi!
I am new using Tomcat so I have a question about performance. I have installed
a cluster with 2 tomcats and apache webserver like proxy in front of Tomcat
cluster but this whole thing is in one server, somebody tell me that is not
useful beacuse is in the same server that is better give more resources to one
tomcat and not split the resources in two.

Somebody here can give any advice about this configuration what do you think
about this ? In this server I have websockets in cluster and I am having
problems with websockets in cluster

Any advice ?

Hi.

If you *really* want to test which of the configurations provides the best results with your particular caseload, then you will have a lot of work ahead of you to build a representative workload and an appropriate test/measurement framework.

Non-authoritative advice :

Intuitively, just the fact of having a front-end and a cluster configuration all on the same server, will already introduce a significant overhead which a simpler configuration would not have.

Intuitively thus, I would recommend to try the simplest configuration first, and only if you see problems, then measure what the problem is, and come back for help here.
No need to over-complicate your setup and maintenance before then.

Unless you need it also for something else, forget the httpd front-end and the clustered Tomcats, and have a single Tomcat act directly as the webserver/websocket server.