I am not using WAR files for my apps. I simply copy updated files to the image in \webapps as changes/updates are required. I have a server running on my local dev machine. When I refresh any webapp file (jars, jsps, etc) the server detects the changes, refreshes, and everything is good with the new versions running without further intervention. However, when I do the exact same thing to my remote server (which is an identical mirror of the local TC) almost every time there is a refresh, the server webapp stops, and I have to go the manager and restart all of the web apps.

I'm suspecting that it might have something to do with the upload speed. Where I can pretty much instantly replace a jar file locally, it may take several seconds to replace the same jar file on the remote machine due to connection speed to the server. And I assume TC is ok with 'instant' jar replacements, but doesn't like it when it takes too long for a jar to finish updating.

Whatever the cause, I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to restart the webapps after every upload. But I'd love to figure out a way to do that automatically (preferably as part of my ant 'build' script). A full refresh can take 20-30 minutes (I have lots of large web apps...). I have to wait around for the upload to complete, else the server will be down until I can come back and around and refresh.

So, is there a way to bounce an entire host programatically at the end of the upload? Or is there a way to remotely via a script to bounce all of the webapps?

Thx.

Jerry