On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Jerry Malcolm <techst...@malcolms.com>
wrote:

> My web apps are very large.  Typically I only need to refresh a jar file
> or two.  If I went to the WAR approach, I'd have to be uploading several
> hundred MB for each web app every time even if only a small jar actually
> was being replaced.   I really want to stay with the incremental refresh
> approach.
>
> I will look at the program-friendly manager stuff and see if I can make
> that work for me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jerry

I don't know how you upload your files to the app server, but maybe you can
use rsync with the --temp-dir option to specify a scratch dir on the remote
host that the files will go to before their final webapp destination.

if you don't want to use rsync, then maybe uploading to a temp dir and
running a remote command over ssh with pubkey authentication to move the
files.

your-upload-command && ssh -i key.pem user@host "mv tmp-dir/file webapp-dir"

obviously you'd have to play around with the file/directory logic and maybe
not using the tomcat user to ssh, but an upload user in the tomcat group

-Tony