Hello Mark,

i'm using the EasyMock to test the creation of the BasicDataSource :

BasicDataSource ds = prepareDataSource(); //set the properties of the basic
data source
Connection connection = ds.getConnection(); // throw an error here

The properties that is set is

        bds.setMaxTotal(maxTotal);
        bds.setMinIdle(minIdle);
        bds.setMaxIdle(maxIdle);
        bds.setNumTestsPerEvictionRun(numTestsPerEvictionRun);
        bds.setMaxWaitMillis(maxWaitMillis);
        bds.setMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis(minEvictableIdleTimeMillis);
        bds.setTimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis(timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis);
        bds.setTestOnBorrow(true);

i do set the bds.setValidationQuery("Select 1") after checking the source
code and manage to proceed to have another error :

*java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method
java.sql.PreparedStatement.executeQuery() of a null object loaded from
field
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.PoolableConnection.validationPreparedStatement
of an object loaded from local variable*

>From what i see, the BDS expect a return row result from the driver, and as
i am using a "fake" driver, there is no return row, i'm just not sure based
on my trial.

sorry if my question is a little bit weird, it is a first time for me.

Roy