Roy,

On 8/3/16 10:03 AM, Roy Leonardus wrote:
> i'm using the EasyMock to test the creation of the BasicDataSource
> :
>
> BasicDataSource ds = prepareDataSource(); //set the properties of
> the basic data source Connection connection = ds.getConnection();
> // throw an error here

Full stack trace please?

> The properties that is set is
>
> bds.setMaxTotal(maxTotal); bds.setMinIdle(minIdle);
> bds.setMaxIdle(maxIdle);
> bds.setNumTestsPerEvictionRun(numTestsPerEvictionRun);
> bds.setMaxWaitMillis(maxWaitMillis);
> bds.setMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis(minEvictableIdleTimeMillis);
> bds.setTimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis(timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis);

bds.setTestOnBorrow(true);

Okay... most of those values aren't certain. Care to elaborate?

> i do set the bds.setValidationQuery("Select 1") after checking the
> source code and manage to proceed to have another error :
>
> *java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method
> java.sql.PreparedStatement.executeQuery() of a null object loaded
> from field
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.PoolableConnection.validationPreparedStat
ement

of an object loaded from local variable*

>> From what i see, the BDS expect a return row result from the
>> driver, and as
> i am using a "fake" driver, there is no return row, i'm just not
> sure based on my trial.
>
> sorry if my question is a little bit weird, it is a first time for
> me.

A fake driver should be okay to use, but you do have to make sure it
follows the rules... for example, ResultSets should return rows (or
return false from a call to next) or throw an SQLException.