Hello Christopher,

maybe i'm a little bit slow here, but from what i see, we should mock the
connection method

Connection connection= ds.getConnection();

something like

                Connection connection =(Connection) EasyMock.expect(ds.
isvalid()).andReturn(true).anyTimes();

Problem is, the error happened during the validation of the
PoolableConnection, below is the build error from the surefire

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: isValid() returned false
at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.PoolableConnection.validate(PoolableConnection.java:283)
at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.validateConnection(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:357)
at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2307)
at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2290)

so i think we should either override the validate() so the validation is
always returning true( which i am reluctant to do, as the point is to test
the whole thing)

or enhancing the fake driver connection, so it always responding with a
result set.

something like

    private boolean isValid(int, int ) extend connection throws SQLException
{

  execute ("select 1));
 //another if else statment that we need / default result set
  return true;
}

Roy

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Christopher Schultz <