Hello!

I am currently running Tomcat 8 on RHEL 7.2 with one web application called
AppVet (A mobile Application  Vetting program).  The application works well
but when I tried to use a script to allow tomcat to start up at boot, the
webapp gives an authentication error. I saw the following error in the logs
for appvet:

[ERROR] Could not connect to database:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications
link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The
driver has not received any packets from the server.
Make sure your MySQL password in your AppVetProperties.xml file is correct

I know for a fact that the MySQL password is correct in that XML file. I
double checked it already.  Any ideas on how I should fix this error?

This is the script that I am using for startup/shutdown of Tomcat8 on boot:

http://pastebin.com/mrvfDtTD

Thanks!

Sean