On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> On 8/5/2016 2:19 PM, Sean Son wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I am currently running Tomcat 8 on RHEL 7.2 with one web application
> > called AppVet (A mobile Application  Vetting program).  The
> > application works well but when I tried to use a script to allow
> > tomcat to start up at boot, the webapp gives an authentication error.
> > I saw the following error in the logs for appvet:
> >

> > [ERROR] Could not connect to database:
> > com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException:
> > Communications link failure
> >
> > The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds
> > ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server. Make
> > sure your MySQL password in your AppVetProperties.xml file is
> > correct
> >

> > I know for a fact that the MySQL password is correct in that XML
> > file. I double checked it already.  Any ideas on how I should fix
> > this error?
> >
> > This is the script that I am using for startup/shutdown of Tomcat8 on
> > boot:
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/mrvfDtTD
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sean
> >

> It appears that your Tomcat process is running as root. Do not do this.
>
> Is your MySQL server up and running before Tomcat is started?
>
> . . . just my two cents
> /mde/

Hello thank you for your response

I created a user account for Tomcat, I will set the script to use that
account instead of the root account.   Question though, does this account
need a password?

Also, I cant tell if the MySQL server is up and running prior to Tomcat
being started. I know that mysqld is enabled to start at boot, but I dont
know if Tomcat starts prior to MySQL.  How would I figure that out?

Thanks!