Sean,

\
> -user tomcat \ -java-home ${JAVA_HOME} \ -pidfile /var/run/tomcat.pid
> \ -errfile SYSLOG \ -outfile SYSLOG \ $CATALINA_OPTS \
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
>
> ExecStop=/opt/tomcat/bin/jsvc \ -pidfile /var/run/tomcat.pid \ -stop
> \ org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
>
> [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target
>

> I set up JSVC as well just like how the article suggested, but when I
> run systemctl start tomcat and I try to browse to https://IP
> Address:8443   (I am using SSL on Tomcat), I get the following errors
> in the webbrowser:
>
> http://pastebin.com/8RANM5NF
>
> Any ideas on what I should do to resolve this issue?
>
> Thanks!

Looks like a permissions problem:

/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.0.35/work/Catalina/localhost/ROOT/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.class
(Permission denied)

What are the permissions and ownership (owner, group) for the files and
directories under /opt/tomcat - especially
/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.0.35?

. . . just my two cents
/mde/