I have a problem where our customers application server stops working
intermittently and when we check the Tomcat logs we get the message "
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space" but the Tomcat service is still
running, and we have to restart the Tomcat service. I am a complete novice when
it comes to Tomcat but am expected to resolve this issue as this server is part
of the Avaya telephony solution.

I have 2 questions please.

1 - What would be causing this.

2 - What are the default Java memory settings for Initial memory pool, maximum
memory pool size and thread stack size when the fields are blank when you use
the "Configure Tomcat" interface on Windows. I was wondering if changing one or
more of these settings would help ?

We are running Tomcat 6.0.26 on Windows Server 2008 R2 standard and JVM version
is 1.6.0_20-b02