CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

We have configured an oracle 12c connection using the Oracle jdbc connector .
What we are experiencing is that the application is locking up and the database
requires a restart.  We believe that the issue is that application  is not
releasing the connections and the database runs out of connections.   The
question I have is the JDBC driver the best one for oracle 12c?  If so what
would be some configuration items that  we need to set in order to ensure that
the application releases the connections efficiently.  Lastly is = there a
monitor available to watch the database connections.

Thanks a lot
Paul
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED